IDIOMS AND VERBAL PHRASES: DRAW
01. An accident in the street will soon draw a crowd.
02. The film that won the Oscar drew large audiences.
03. Her magnificent singing drew loud applause.
04. I've been so busy I've hardly had time to draw breath.
05. He is a quiet person who needs drawing out.
06. The police followed up a number of clues, but have so far drawn a blank.
07. A car drew up, and a smartly dressed woman got out.
08. We drew up a list of what we needed.
09. As he intended to leave the company, he drew up a letter of resignation.
10. In the autumn, in the northern hemisphere, the days draw in.
©English Teaching Systems June 2000